This week, Smugglers Cove are gearing up to share their love of all things Rum at the third annual Albert Dock Rum Festival, from June 16-18. They have teamed with Chairman’s Reserve for a series of fun interactive rum tastings and their mixologists have produced a selection of new cocktails for the festival weekend including:- Cloudy in St. Lucia, Koko Colada, Tistachio Mai Tai and a Caribbean Treacle.
Chefs have been busy in the kitchen putting the finishing touches and a Caribbean twist to the popular hanging kebabs, the Jerk Chicken hanging kebab with rice and peas and no Rum Festival would be complete without the odd shanty singalong and some soulful Caribbean sounds.
Liam Carney, General Manager at Smugglers Cove said “Albert Dock Rum Festival is back for a third year and we can’t wait to give our guests an incredible and unique experience filled with rum tastings, dishes from the tropical islands, live music and exotic cocktails. Why not even bring dad along and treat him to a rum-forgettable Father’s Day on the Sunday! “The Dock is just the perfect location for a celebration like this. Once the gateway to the world, when imported rum barrels would be rolled through its warehouses, Albert Dock will pay homage to the drink that enriched Liverpool’s fortunes.”
Smugglers Cove Rum Festival highlights:
- Chairman’s Reserve rum tastings throughout the weekend and its cocktail menu with one cocktail for each rum – White, Gold, Spiced and Forgotten Cask.
- Rum Tastings – An hour with our Rum Expert from the world-famous brand, Chairman’s Reserve! Learn the history of rum, how it has developed and where the different variations come from! Travel to the island of St. Lucia.
- Tastings spaces are £15pp. Full payment required to confirm place on session. Limited spaces available – Call 0151 703 6555 now
- Special food menu – including jerk chicken kebabs with pineapple and corn, sopped with a honey, lime and mint, served with coconut rice and peas
- Caribbean Music
- Shanti Band from 3pm Saturday and Sunday
- Limited Edition Chairman’s Reserve Cocktail Menu
- Rum Tastings – Saturday 2pm & 7pm, Sunday 2pm & 7pm
- Rum Masterclasses – Saturday 4pm, Sunday 4pm
- Meet The Rum Expert – Dave from Chairman’s
- Father’s Day gift’s available for each Dad booked in on Sunday
- Live sea shanty band on the Saturday – and bring your dad for more tastings and live entertainment on the Sunday!